Request for bids No 01/WPD108/2021
July 2, 2021
Request for Bids No. 01/WPD108/2021
announced on the 02.07.2021
on the implementation of the Project entitled "Inhibition of glycolysis as a new approach to the therapy of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection" applying for funding in the competition -" Fast path "under the Smart Growth Operational Program 2014-2020, Priority I" Support for R&D work by enterprises "Measure 1.1 R&D projects of enterprises Sub-measure 1.1.1 Industrial research and development works carried out by enterprises Competition 5 / 1.1.1 / 2020 - Fast track - Coronaviruses.
Status: Unresolved, 27Oct2021
Information on the Bid resolution
Awarding Entity's name and address:
WPD Pharmaceuticals sp. z o. o. : ul. Żwirki i Wigury 101, 02-089 Warsaw
Awarding Entity's authorized representative:
Mariusz Olejniczak – President of the Management Board
Contact person for the Request for Bids authorized by the Awarding Entity:
10.08.2021 r., o godz. 23.59
Description of the Contract Object.
Order type: delivery Name and code according to the Common Procurement Vocabulary (CPV): CPV: 24327000-2 - Various organic chemicals
The contract object is a delivery of an active substance which is a small molecular organic compound (hereinafter referred to as the Product), for research and development work and clinical trial purposes, as well as preparation of regulatory documentation compliant with the EU GMP regulations for this active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
NOTE: The above-order will be implemented under the condition that the Ordering Party concludes a contract for co-financing to implement the Project, referred to in the title of this Inquiry. A conditional agreement, taking into account the essential provisions of Inquiry No. 01/WPD108/ 2021, will be concluded with the Contractor selected under this procedure, on the terms set out in Chapter XVI, with the Ordering Party reserving the right to extend the provisions of the conditional agreement template.
Contract award procedure participation terms.
1. Contractors who are not excluded from the contract award procedure may apply for the Contract award.
2. To demonstrate compliance with the conditions for participation in the bidding procedure, the Contractor shall submit a declaration following the template constituting Annex 2 to the Inquiry.
Grounds for exclusion from the contract award procedure.
- Contractors who have the capital or personal links to the Awarding Entity shall be excluded from participation in the contract award procedure; capital or personal connections shall be understood as mutual ties between the Contractor and the Awarding Entity or persons authorized to incur obligations on behalf of the Awarding Entity, or persons performing any activities related to the contractor selection procedure on behalf of the Awarding Entity; such links shall in particular include:
- participation in the company in the capacity of a partner in a civil law company or partnership;
- ownership of at least 10% of shares or stock, provided that a lower threshold is not mandated under legal regulations or rules concerning the principles of implementation of the Project covered by the Request for Bids,
- holding the function of a member of a supervisory or management body, a commercial representative or an attorney;
- being married to or having lineal consanguinity or direct affinity, collateral consanguinity or affinity to the second degree to, or being adopted by, or being under the guard or custody of such persons, or any other relationships that may result in the conflict of interests while awarding the Contract and violating the competition principle. Should any capital or personal links be revealed between the Contractor and the Awarding Entity, the Contract shall not be awarded to the Contractor.
- To demonstrate the absence of premises referred to in paragraph 1, being the basis for excluding the Contractor from participation in the contract award procedure, the Contractor is obligated to submit together with the Bid Form, completed following the specimen, Declaration of no capital or personal links, according to the example" Declaration of no capital or personal connections".
- Failure to submit the Declaration referred to in paragraph 2 will exclude the Contractor from the contract award procedure. Excluding the Contractor from the contract award procedure means rejection of the Bid submitted by the Contractor.
- The Awarding Entity may exclude the Contractor from the contract award procedure at any stage.
Bid evaluation criteria and method. Information on the weights assigned to particular criteria.
- Selecting the best offer, the Awarding Entity shall evaluate the "Gross total price" criterion: Price -100%.
- The score for this criterion shall be calculated as follows:
Lowest bid price
Score granted to the evaluated offer = ---------------------- x 100
Evaluated bid price
- The price must be given in Polish zlotys, numerically, to two decimal places and in words. The price must include all costs of the Contract, including value-added tax. The prices specified in the offer are valid for the entire period of validity of the offer and will be binding for the concluded Contract. All other costs to be borne by the Contractor in the performance of the Contract, and not included in the offer price, will not be additionally billed by the Ordering Party.
- In a situation where the public tender procedure involves foreign entities which, under different regulations, are not obliged to pay VAT in Poland, offers prepared by such Contractors include the price with 0% VAT rate. The tax obligation in the situation of purchasing goods or services from foreign entities, following the provisions of the Act on tax on goods and services, rests then with the Ordering Party. When evaluating the offer in terms of the price criterion, the Ordering Party, to compare these offers, will add to the offer price of foreign entities, the amount of VAT due and customs duties (if applicable - Contractors from outside the European Union), which are charged to the Ordering Party for the performance of the Contract.
- The Ordering Party will convert prices given in a currency other than PLN to evaluate offers into PLN according to the official average exchange rate published by the National Bank of Poland on the date of publication of the notice to the Competitiveness Base. Average exchange rates are available at the following internet address: http://www.nbp.pl/
- As a result of the assessment made according to the criteria specified in sec. 1, an offer may receive a maximum of 100 points.
- Scoring will be given to two decimal places.
- The most advantageous, economically and qualitatively, the offer will be considered, which will not be rejected and will receive the highest number of points during the evaluation.
- The Awarding Entity will award the Contract to the Contractor whose tender received the highest number of points.
- When two or more offers receive the same number of points in the price criterion, the Ordering Party will request the Contractors to submit additional offers. The prices offered in additional offers may not be higher than in the original proposal.
Bid submission place and method.
1. The offer should be submitted by e-mail to the Ordering Party's e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Competition Base at https://bazakonkurencyjnosci.funduszeeuropejskie.gov.pl/.
2. The Contractor may submit only one offer. Submitting more bids by one Contractor will result in their rejection.
Bid submission date.
- The deadline for submitting offers expires on August 10, 2021, at 23.59
- The date of submission of the proposal shall be the date of receipt of the proposal by the e-mail address of the Ordering Party or by the e-mail of the Competitiveness Base.
- Bids submitted after the bid submission deadline will not be considered.
- The Ordering Party reserves the right to extend the deadline for submitting tenders. In such a case, the Ordering Party will each time provide relevant information at the place of publication of the Inquiry No. 01/WPD108/2021, i.e. in the Competition Base at https://bazakonkurencyjnosci.funduszeeuropejskie.gov.pl / and on the Ordering Party's website at www.wpdpharmaceuticals.com
Announcement of the selected Bid and grounds for the selection.
- The Awarding Entity shall publish the results of the procedure identifying the selected Contractor on the site where Request for Bids No. 01/WPD108/2021 was first published, i.e. in the Competitiveness Base on: https://bazakonkurencyjnosci.funduszeeuropejskie.gov.pl/ and on the Awarding Entity's website on: www.wpdpharmaceuticals.com, not later than within 30 days of the expiry of the bid submission deadline.
- The Awarding Entity is not planning to hold a public opening of the bids.
Procedure cancellation conditions.
- The Awarding Entity reserves the right to cancel or amend the contract award procedure at any stage or to declare the procedure null and void or not to select any Contractor without stating the cause. At the same time, the Awarding Entity announces that according to valid legal regulations, this Request does not constitute an offer within the meaning of Article 66 of the Act of April 23 1964 – Civil Code (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1025, as amended), neither is it an announcement within the meaning of the Public Procurement Act (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 1579, as amended).
- Contractors shall not assert any claims against the Awarding Entity should the Awarding Entity enforce the right referred to in clause one above.
Full Request for bids No 01/WPD108/2021
Appendix No. 1 - Bid form
Appendix No. 2 - Declaration of no capital or personal links
Appendix No. 3 - Declaration of a Qualified Person
Appendix No. 4 - Confidentiality Agreement
Appendix No. 5 - Significant provisions - Pattern
Appendix No. 6 - Detailed Description of the Subject of the Order - to be sent after the Confidentiality agreement is signed